What is an Accredited Certifier?

An Accredited Certifier is accredited by the Building Professionals Board to issue development certificates, act as the Principal Certifying Authority and complete critical stage inspections during building works. Accredited Certifiers issue Construction, Complying Development, Compliance and Occupation Certificates to certify that they are satisfied that a development meets the applicable legislative requirements. They also complete inspections of building work at "critical stages" throughout the course of construction to verify that works are progressing in accordance with the development approval.

Why use Local Group?

We have established a reputation for providing an efficient, reliable, accurate, cost-effective and personalised service. Our Accredited Certifiers are local to your area and have an extensive knowledge of its requirements. We provide certification services to the majority of New South Wales. By using the combined services of Local Consultancy and Local Certification all your development needs can be catered for.

How do I make an application?

Download one of our applications and checklists from the Downloads page of this website. You can submit the application online by visiting the eLocal seciton of this website or lodge a hard copy with one of our Local offices.

How long will it take to assess my application?

The determination time will be dependent on the type of application you are lodging and the information you submit as part of your application. For Construction Certificate applications our turnaround time is generally 7 working days and for Complying Development applications the turnaround time is between 10 and 20 days. Many Complying Development Applications are subject to a mandatory fourteen day neighbour notification period before we can issue our approval.

Who will be processing my application?

We have fourteen experienced accredited certifiers working across our various offices. Your application will be allocated to the most suitable staff member for your given project. This allocation will be dependent on the size and complexity of your application, the geographic location and staff availability.

How much will it cost?

Contact one of our offices via phone, or apply on this website for a free, no obligation Fee Proposal. To provide a Fee Proposal we will require a copy of the Architectural Plans, the Development Consent (if a CC Application) or 149 Certificate (if a CDC Application) and the estimated value of works.

How long will my approval last?

Works must commence before the expiry date of the Construction or Complying Development Certificate. A construction certificate will expire when the development consent expires. A complying development certificate has an expiry date five years after the date of issue of the certificate. Once works commence there is no time limit on the completion of works.

When can my building works start?

You must ensure that works do not commence on your site until either a Construction Certificate or Complying Development Certificate has been issued and a Principal Certifying Authority has been appointed. Ensure you review the conditions of your approval as there may be items required to be completed before the commencement of works. It is the applicant's responsibility to notify the local Council and Principal Certifying Authority at least two days before works commence.

How do I arrange an inspection?

You must request an inspection before 3pm the day before you require the inspection. Call your Local office on 1300 368 534 to book an inspection or you can book online by visiting the eLocal section of this website. You will be provided with a unique booking number as your confirmation of your booking.



Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly staff on 1300 368 534 if you have any further enquiries about our services.