Skip to main content

Services We Offer

Local is an industry leader in building approvals and certification services. Our services include (click service type for more information):

  • Construction Certificates
    • Once a Consent Authority has issued a Development Consent you will need to apply for a Construction Certificate prior to the commencement of any works. A suitably qualified Registered Certifier will assess the plans, specifications and any other relevant documentation to ensure that the requirements of the Development Consent, Building Code of Australia and any relevant Australian Standards have been complied with.
  • Complying Development Certificates
    • Complying Development is a streamlined approval process for straightforward development. We can issue a Complying Development Certificate in as little as 10 days. Complying Development applies to all types of routine development – homes, businesses and industry and can include construction of a new dwelling, alterations and additions to a house, new industrial buildings, demolition of a building and changes to business use.
  • Undertake Critical-Stage Inspections as the Principal Certifier
    • You will need to appoint a Principal Certifier for your development at least two days before any building works commence on site. The Principal Certifier must be appointed by the person with the benefit of the development consent, in most cases this is the owner. The local Council must be notified of this appointment, we will look after this notice for you. As the Principal Certifier we will advise you which critical stage inspections are required throughout the course of construction and complete these inspections as requested.
  • Occupation Certificates
    • You must obtain an Occupation Certificate before you occupy or use your new development. Only the Principal Certifier can issue the Occupation Certificate. An Occupation Certificate certifies that the building is suitable for occupation or use in accordance with its classification under the Building Code of Australia. Sometimes we may be able to issue a Partial Occupation Certificate which will allow you to occupy the dwelling while still completing the ancillary works such as driveways and landscaping.
  • Preliminary Complying Development Assessment
    • If you are unsure whether your development can proceed as Complying Development, we can complete a preliminary assessment of your application against the relevant Complying Development Code. We can advise whether the requirements of the relevant code will be satisfied. The fee for this service is deductible from the fee for your Development Certificate once issued.
  • Building Code of Australia Advice
    • The Building Code of Australia (BCA) provides the minimum standard of building construction within Australia. Our experienced and qualified consultants can provide a range of detailed reports on the Building Code of Australia for all classes of building in all Council areas. These reports may include but are not limited to BCA Audits, BCA Upgrade Reports, BCA Compliance Reports and Council liaison.
  • Building Regulation Advice
    • Our team of Unrestricted Building Surveyors can provide advice on building regulation matters including the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and its regulation, the Building Code of Australia and any related industry codes and standards.
  • Access Consulting Services
    • Our team of Unrestricted Building Surveyors can provide guidance to ensure your development complies with the Building Code of Australia, the Premises Standard and ultimately also provides dignified and equitable access for all.
  • Swimming Pool Fence Certification
    • If you are selling, buying or leasing a property with a pool in New South Wales there are specific laws that require an inspection and Compliance Certificate to be issued. The intention of this legislation is to increase the safety of small children around backyard swimming pools. For more information or to apply for a Swimming Pool Fence Compliance Inspection visit Swimming Pool Certification.

Development Types:

We employ over 25 qualified and experienced Building Surveyors. We have Registered Certifiers of all levels of registration enabling us to provide a broad range of certification services for all types of development from small-scale residential projects to large-scale mixed use commercial and industrial projects.

  • Dwellings
  • Dual Occupancies
  • Additions & Alterations
  • Secondary Dwellings
  • Swimming Pools
  • Sheds
  • Garages
  • Retaining Walls
  • Townhouse Developments
  • Demolition Works
  • Commercial Fitouts
  • Warehouse Developments
  • Apartment Buildings
  • Mixed Use Developments
  • Aged Care Facilities
  • Education Buildings
  • Healthcare Buildings
  • Childcare Centres

BUILDING CERTIFICATION SERVICES Industry leader in residential and commercial building certification for over 20 years

We have an established track record for providing a professional, reliable, personable and cost effective service to all of our clients. We are continually looking for ways to innovate our processes to provide a more efficient and superior service.

Our experienced and knowledgeable Building Surveyors have been in the industry for many years. They have experience in both the private industry and Local Government working on residential, commercial and industrial developments of all size and scope.